Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Days Gone By

I can't believe its been an entire week since my last post! The days have flown by now that I am not super glued to the recliner. I suppose if they had kept me on bed rest, I would have been boring everyone with crazy random things that happen around the house every day. For example, there is this the crazy bird outside our living room window that has spent every moment of daylight over the last two weeks ramming his head into the neighbor's window. No joke. He's driving me nuts. I see him in my periphery all day long, no matter where I sit in the house. Somebody has got to put him out of his misery...

In other news, baby boy seems to be doing very well! He's kicking and stretching all day and night long. We are fairly certain we are going to have a hyperactive little dude on our hands come June! ADHD anybody? At least he'll come by it honestly.

At this point he is supposed to be around 15 inches long, and 2.2 pounds. Speaking of which, I am growing and growing and also eating like a teenage boy! I'm not the only one who is having to deal with the changes that are going on. Lyddy is a lap cat if I've ever met one, and she is having trouble staying on this lap of mine. She has to hold on with one paw. She has also begun to notice slight movements on my tummy and seems curious. Pretty soon baby boy is going to be kicking her clean off my lap! Oh, and I've begun to hold Lyddy upside down to try and get her used to a future toddler. :D

Okay, now for an amazing invention that I had never heard of. Our friends Steve and Bennie sent me the cutest teddy bear (have heard of this invention) and something called a Wubbanub. It's a tiny little stuffed animal that has a pacifier sewn into its mouth. This allows Baby to keep the pacifier in his mouth all by himself! I can't wait to try it out! When you get a chance, look it up on google images and you will see all sorts of adorable newborn babies clinging to these guys. Not sure why I didn't think of this one!

1 comment:

  1. Erin,

    First time I've had a chance to check the link. SO SORRY for the bed rest! Hadn't heard. The blog, however, is delightful. The pictures are awesome (I'm hugely partial to the cat pics) and I am forever grateful that you have family and friends to support you. Keeping you in my Sunday prayers.

    Cousin T

    PS I've been incredibly busy -- any chance we could switch places for a week?

    ReplyDelete